FULL MOON PADDLE + MEDITATION
Experience a beautiful meditation under the full moon. This is an experience not to be missed!
May 11, 2016 ~ 7:15-9:15 pm
Kick off the SUP Yoga season under the May 'Flower Moon' with a full moon paddle and rejuvenating meditation.
Join Sonya for a full moon paddle and meditation evening.
Meet up at the boat launch on Lake Summit (Huggins Road) as the sun is slowly setting. Head out as a group with appropriate lights provided by 4 The Love of Yoga. Experience a beautiful meditation under the full moon on the water. This is an experience not to be missed!
No prior mediation or paddling experience necessary. Extra boards & SUP gear provided by GreenRiver Adventures & Wai Mauna SUP Tours.
$50 includes SUP board, Paddle & PFD (SOLD OUT)
$25 with your own equipment ***note: you MUST have a pfd (personal floatation device or life vest) to participate
Please contact WaiMauna SUP Asheville or Green River Adventures for SUP equipment rentals!
A note about the May full moon…
In colonial times, the Native Americans called the May full moon the Full Flower Moon as well as Mother’s Moon, Milk Moon, and Corn Planting Moon. The arrival of the May Moon marked a time of increasing fertility with temperatures that were considered warm enough to safely bear young, the end to late frosts, and plants in bloom.
A note about meditation…
With meditation, the physiology undergoes a change and every cell in the body is filled with more prana (energy). This results in joy, peace, enthusiasm as the level of prana in the body increases.
On a physical level, meditation:
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks
- Decreases tension-related pain, such as, tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems
- Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior
- Improves the immune system
- Increases the energy level, as you gain an inner source of energy
Other benefits include:
- Emotional steadiness and harmony
- It cleanses and nourishes you from within and calms you, whenever you feel overwhelmed, unstable, or emotionally shut down
- When you meditate, you naturally slide into a state of relaxation, calmness and joy and this is what you emit into the environment and take with you from the practice
- Meditation can bring about a true personal transformation. As you learn more about yourself, you’ll naturally start discovering more about yourself