SUP (Stand Up Paddle Board) + Yoga = Awesomeness!
Limited boards are available so reserve your spot ASAP!
Location: Lake Summit — 7 miles South of Hendersonville, NC. Lake Summit is just off of Hwy-225 (old 25 at Huggins Rd) or Lake Tomahawk – Black Mountain, NC
SUP Yoga Sessions: Summer 2014
GROUP OF SESSIONS (register & choose day/time below)
Tuesday July 15th, 9 am & 6 pm – Lake Summit
Wednesday July 16th, 6 pm – Lake Summit
Thursday July 17th, 7 am – Lake Summit
More dates will follow soon!
We will paddle our way to a lovely quiet slice of water where we will enjoy a slow and challenging practice full of laughter and fun. If you love water and you love yoga, this yoga adventure is for YOU!
SUP Yoga Adventure:
- 2 hours of skills development and yoga fun on the water.
- All gear (board, paddle, instruction) is provided.
- Yoga practice led by (yours truly) Sonya Klepper, RYT,
- Stand Up Paddle board instruction provided prior to launch
- Cost is $45 payable at time of registration.
These Items will Come in Handy:
- Bathing Suit
- Quick Dry Board Shorts/Shirt or yoga top to wear on water – if you need a little extra cushion for your knees, wear “capri style” yoga pants or quick dry pants that come below your knees
- Water sandals or flip flops (we will take our shoes off once we get on the boards)
- Water Bottle
- Dry clothes/toiletries for off water
Register & Reserve Your Spot by clicking the button below:
As always, don’t hesitate to email or call with any questions! firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sonya, 828-551-9517
A little info about practicing yoga on a SUP…
Paddle Board Yoga is a variation of Stand up paddle surfing (SUP, in the Hawaiian language Hoe he’e nalu), combined with the ancient practice of Yoga, which originated in Rishikesh, India. The sport combines the ancient practice of hatha yoga and vinyasa yoga asanas or poses, with the ancient form of surfing. Sounding awesome? It is!
Practicing yoga on a SUP brings a whole new perspective to being fully present in the moment. Asanas (yoga poses) that seem easy create a new and different challenge while floating. It’s an exciting way to amp up your practice requiring core strength and balance. Cobra pose, for example, takes on a new meaning as the sun bathes your face and illuminates your soul. Headstand brings fourth a buoyant freedom as your feet soar to the sky. Relaxing in Savasana, the sound of the water, the sounds of birds and the occasional fish jumping about allows one to sink into a natural state of bliss.
If you haven’t yet..please register & reserve your spot by clicking the button below!